The Prop Firm run by traders for traders.
Updated on: 2022-02-10
The5%ers is a proprietary firm funding Forex traders, its name stands for The Five Percenters: the percentage of retail traders that are believed to be profitable, and they sure want you to become one!
It’s easy for beginners to confuse proprietary firms with brokers. The difference is that brokers trade for you while funding companies give you capital funds. The 5%ers is offering funds and a growth scheme with no risks for extra charges. They chose to fund experienced traders with excellent trading skills. All capital is self-sourced by The 5%ers so they don’t accept any investments from investors.
The firm was founded by two former Forex stock market traders Gil Ben Hur and Snir Achiel in 2016.
Read our inspiring interview with Gil to know a bit more about him and the story of The5%ers.
They were inspired by the main problem that most of the traders face and that is the lack of funds. Limited capital resources slow down progress and it takes much more time to achieve profit goals and growth.
Now, they provide a safe trading framework and an environment with a helpful community for traders who join them.
There are two levels of trading offered to you. You start with a first level where you get a funded trading account to show your skills while following the firm’s risk management rules. When you reach level two, you get more money to trade with and new milestones that bring more money once completed.
You will have all the needed support for achieving your goals in a demanding market that takes time to succeed.
Watch this short video to get a good idea about THE5%ERS.
How does a program work?
There are several programs to enroll in and each has a non-refundable sign-up fee. That fee is not a deposit nor a cover for possible losses and trading costs.
The5%ers are quite different from other Funders: once you join you get right away a funded account with objectives to trade by set by a fund. You agree to follow trading guidelines, rules, and objectives. You can use any trading strategy as long as it is in accordance with risk management requirements set by the Fund.
The trader who joins the program must have experience and skill, as well as the ability to follow program guidelines and risk management requirements. All trading happens on the Forex platform and a trader is requested to be familiar with trading terms so that rules and restrictions can be fully understood. It’s required of traders, no matter the level, to trade responsibly and protect the Fund’s capital from big losses. Arbitrage trading is strictly prohibited on this platform as well as high-frequency trading strategies.
Only individual traders can join the program and it’s closed to firms, companies, groups of individuals, and other similar entities.
Trading is allowed only with Forex major currencies like USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, AUD, NZD, CAD, and Forex Major Crosses like AUD/CAD, AUD/CHF, AUD/JPY, AUD/NZD, CAD/CHF, CAD/JPY, CHF/JPY, EUR/AUD, EUR/CAD, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP, EUR/JPY, EUR/NZD, GBP/AUD, GBP/CAD, GBP/CHF, GBP/JPY, GBP/NZD, NZD/CAD, NZD/CHF, NZD/JPY.EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CAD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, USD/CHF.
This is a low-priced program allowing you to show your skills, expertise, and above all: consistency.
It consists of 3 challenge phases that monitor your consistency and profitability. Those challenges happen on a demo account. After the completion of challenges, you get a live trading account where you start trading with a profit split.
Demo trade has a 85 EURO entrance fee and 1:10 leverage ratio. You have 12 months to complete these challenges and enroll in real trading.
Challenge 1 starts with a $25K balance and profit target of $1,500 with a maximum loss of $1,250.
Challenge 2 starts with a $50K balance and profit target of $3,000 with a maximum loss of $2,500.
Challenge 3 starts with a $75K balance and profit target of $4,500 with a maximum loss of $3,750.
Once you transfer to live trading you get profit split up to 80:20% and growth at each additional 5% gain. You start with a 50:50% payout ratio and work toward 80:20%. You pay the one-time entrance fee of 215 EURO after passing the challenge stages. The maximum number of accounts allowed per trader is 2. There are 17 Pro PM funding levels starting from $100K and with each stage completed your account balance, maximum loss, profit target and payout ratio raise.
Specifications of $100K Bootcamp
Let’s take a look at the specifications in terms of what is allowed and what is not when it comes to this program.
- You are allowed to perform news trading.
- Leverage for all your accounts is 1:10.
- You are allowed to have open trades overnight and over the weekend.
- You must follow Stop-loss requirements at all times and not risk more than 1% of account funds.
- You are not allowed to open a position without an SL order and doing so is considered a risk violation.
- 3 violations of the given rules will get your account suspended.
- When there’s no activity on your account for more than 21 days your account will be closed.
- The maximum number of accounts allowed per trader is 3 as long as each account has a different trading method.
- Platform used: MT5 platform from MetaQuotes
- You can use an expert advisor as long as the SL order is set and you don’t use the martingale trading method.
- You can’t copy trades between your accounts
- You get access to The 5%ers community where you can with trading ideas page
- You get a trading room and webinars.
The 5%ers firm is advising that you limit your risk per trade, don’t dwell on one trade but think in terms of “series of trades”, don’t overtrade, and be mindful.
Trading is a long-term run that needs consistency, discipline, and patience. As long as you do proper risk management and take trading seriously you will be on a good path to success.
Instant funding programs
Instant funding programs come in different options with low-risk and aggressive models.
There are two funding levels: started funded capital and next funding level.
So let’s take a look at offered account types: or visit our Fundsfinder to find all the specs and compare them side by side.
1) $24,000 instant funding program
This program starts with a €235 one-time participation fee and $6,000 starter-funded capital. The profit target in this program is $375 for low-risk and $720 for aggressive models. The leverage amount is 1:6 for low-risk and 1:30 for aggressive models. The stop loss required is 1,5% for low-risk and there are no requirements for aggressive models. The stop out for the low-risk model is $5,750 and $-250 for the aggressive model.
The maximum time to achieve the target is 180 days for low-risk and 60 days for aggressive models. The next funding level is $24,000 X4 with a 50% profit split and 2.56M$ guaranteed funding.
2) $40,000 instant funding program
This program starts with a €385 one-time participation fee and $10,000 starter-funded capital. The profit target in this program is $600 for low-risk and $1,200 for aggressive models. The leverage amount is 1:6 for low-risk and 1:30 for aggressive models. The stop out for the low-risk model is $9,600 and $-400 for the aggressive model. The stop loss required is 1,5% for low-risk and there are no requirements for aggressive models. The maximum time to achieve the target is 180 days for low-risk and 60 days for aggressive models. The next funding level is $40,000 X4 with a 50% profit split and 2.56M$ guaranteed funding.
3) $80,000 instant funding program
This program starts with a €745 one-time participation fee and $20,000 starter-funded capital. The profit target in this program is $1,400 for low-risk and $2,400 for aggressive models. The leverage amount is 1:6 for low-risk and 1:30 for aggressive models. The stop out for the low-risk model is $19,200 and $-800 for the aggressive model. The stop loss required is 1,5% for low-risk and there are no requirements for aggressive models. The maximum time to achieve the target is 180 days for low-risk and 60 days for aggressive models. The next funding level is $80,000 X4 with a 50% profit split and 2.56M$ guaranteed funding.
Comparison to a competition prop firm.
– Unlike other prop firms, The5%ers offer a big scaling opportunity. They offer Hyper-Growth which means that your account balance will be doubled each time you hit a milestone. Doubling an account on your own can take a long time, especially if you’re a swing trader so this opportunity of assisted growth can take you to over $4,000,000 in funding. That is much faster than what you would achieve on your own. This scaling opportunity definitely puts The 5%ers in a great competing position.
– Time for challenge completion is much longer than its competitors. For $100K Bootcamp you get 12 months to complete challenges. For a low-risk funding plan, you have 180 days to hit the target and 60 days for the aggressive model. They will also allow you to have an extension of time if you reach out to them directly and if you’re close to target reach.
– They allow you to hold your trades during the news announcements, weekends, and overnight which is very helpful. For swing-traders is almost impossible to get funded when there are no options like this. This is a great deal and it most certainly brings more traders to The 5%ers since competition is not so flexible on this matter.
– Low-profit targets and no downtimes to worry about are also some of the pros when it comes to this firm.
– 95% of retail traders aren’t profitable due to lack of discipline and consistency, you will find The5%ers and their support being a great opportunity.
If you want to upgrade your skills in a more responsible environment and have someone else’s capital in your hands make you more disciplined, then this is a great chance for you.
Less strict requirements may the what draws you to The5%ers but make sure that you don’t violate those. Once you get your account terminated, there’s no way of getting it back.
You don’t need to worry about this firm’s legitimacy since you can see over 300 reviews on Trustpilot that confirm that this prop firm is great to work with.
When choosing a prop firm it’s important to compare requirements like profit targets, allowed losses, downtimes, SLs, and challenge times with the entrance cost: our Fundsfinder makes this very easy to do.
Getting funded is a good opportunity to gain more capital faster but be sure that you can follow all requirements, that you have needed knowledge and expertise and that you can trust chosen firm.
If you take all of that into consideration and see yourself fitting in this story, go ahead, and good luck!